This is the second part of the experiment, continued from HERE
Finished the box. This box has a couple of layers of cardboard fitted snugly to the sides of the box. The tumbler is screwed down, but removable at three points.
I broke the glass up with a hammer under some cloth (I wore gloves, just in case) then added it to the tumbler which has large chain, and washers in it.
20 min later: I took a look inside and noticed 2 things.
1. The glass didn’t seem to be much reduced
2 The amount of glass i will get back from this in the form of dust might not be worth the effort.
Additionally, I think the chain might have been cushioning the glass to a degree, so I removed it to try without. (Restarted at 11:30)