First some back story. I HATE MACHINE SEWING.. check that, I HATE SEWING. Rather.. I used to hate sewing. Every SINGLE time I used my machine, I would get an E6 error, or an E1. I checked and double checked my threading, both top and bottom, and found that I was doing it correctly.
Now for the story. Home ec, grade seven. I was always an over achiever and got great marks UNTIL the dreaded sewing project. I thought this was the worst thing to have to put a young woman through.. ever. I went from the 90th percentile to just barely scraping by at a 54% for the course. This traumatized me for life. It was even a simple bermuda shorts, with simple pockets and a stretch waist band. I can’t even find a picture on the internet to explain how terrible they turned out.
I own a Brother CS 6000i. No matter what I would do though, I couldn’t get the machine to work for me. =BREAKTHOUGH= Today, I discovered what i was doing wrong. Apparently my tension setting was too low. I had it always at the reccomended setting, but I suppose it was not enough. It should have been because the material is just pillow case stuff. After turning it up to four…. NO ERRORS..
I feel like having a party because of this!